
Madi is 15 months old today and yes, the count down to attending nursery is on! We've actually already become frequent 2nd hour visitors. No one seems to mind that Madi and I pop in to say hello and stay for 10 or 15 minutes. But in 2 months, I'll start regularly taking her while staying in there. Then at 18 months, Spencer and I will finally be able to fully enjoy the remainder of our Sunday meetings again!
This past month has been pretty action packed for Madi. She's grown up quite a bit. From talking to walking (yes, she is finally totally walking now), Madi is a full on little kid! Some of my favorite things this past month include:
Her vocabulary! It's more than doubled from last month! Most of the day she walks around talking gibberish to her baby and toys, but when we sit down to chat, I can make out a lot of what she's trying to tell me. A few favorites....
"Si Ow-n" = sit down
"Baby doll"= which is obviously what she has named her baby
"More peez"= more please
"Up peez"= up please
"Mami"= Madi
"No We"= Noah- from her Little Peoples Noah's Ark
See Ping= Sleeping
She's also finally started using sign language this past month! It's about time since I've been trying to teach it to her since she was 9 months old! Some of the signs she now uses on a regular basis include: bird, dog, more, food/eat, please (she's only done this one a couple of times), milk, and airplane.
Her tooth count is now up to 6. Madi already had her first MOLAR come in- on the top left side. I had no clue it had come in until she was hanging upside down laughing and I noticed this HUGE tooth in the back of her mouth. It was so awesome seeing such a big tooth back there! However, I'm mostly looking forward to her 2 top front teeth coming in. Those fangs are just a little scary if you ask me! I've actually contemplated having her be Miss Dracula for Halloween!!

As for food, Madi has become quite the picky eater lately (yes, taking after her mom)! She refuses ALL vegetables. The only thing I know she will always eat is RAISINS. This is the one snack I am guaranteed a quiet, happy child. She is actually very opinionated when it comes to her food. She'll let me know what she wants- which can be a good thing and a bad thing. I can ask her, "Madi, do you want ______" and she'll either say "no" or get super excited. Most of the time I don't ask her though. I've just been waiting to make sure she's really hungry and then feeding her lunch. It's worked almost every time.
With all the singing we do in the car, Madi has finally started doing the actions to songs like, "Popcorn popping" and "Wheels on the bus". It's been fun having her join in on all the crazy car fun!


Just a couple videos we took after church today to document Madi on her 15 month birthday! The sound on my camera is really bad- which is sad because I had some great videos of her talking, but it's too quiet and you can't hear anything.
11 comments:
Oh our baby Madi is so precious. The pictures you posted of her are so cute. Did you take them? The first one looks professional! She truly is a doll baby, just like her mama:)
Mom- I forgot to mention that the professional looking pictures were NOT done by me, but rather by my VERY talented friend Melissa!!! She's AMAZING and is planning on taking our family pictures soon!!! YEAH!!
I was smiling the whole time i read that! SHes so cute! and those pictures of her with her baby stroller ESP the one of her IN the baby stroller is TO DIE FOR!!! I want to see her do actions to the songs! thats SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! Ive been working on that with Lexi too. HOW FUN!!!!
what a beautiful little girl, i love the raspberry picking pictures. sooooo cute!
She looks so much like you Anie! A couple of BEAUTIFUL gals!:)
Those pictures are really cool. Especially because she caught Madi smiling! I can't believe she's going into nursery soon...hopefully she won't get pushed around by the bully kids. I saw plenty of those kids this summer. The sweet ones would seriously sit in the corner the whole time to avoid the bullying.
The build-a-bear is awesome! I TOTALLY agree that a stuffed dog is JUST AS GOOD as a real one. It makes Madi just as happy!!
AAHH She FITS in her Baby Doll's stroller! She is so darn cute! (PS Kate's baby doll is also named "Baby". She has other dolls with real names, but the first and foremost is "Baby.")
These are great pictures you guys. So darn cute!
Wonderful pictures! Madi is the most beautiful girl! I can't believe how old she is already.
Lucas has fangs too...they just add a little character. :)
Yay, I had a baby! I've been meaning to call you...for a week! Hopefully soon!
Madi is so sweet with Cubby and her baby. I love her necklace. She is so beautiful!
She is so beautiful and sweet! It reminded me of the hours of doll playing us girls spent together. I could just smell the rainbow bright doll. love you guys
Post a Comment