Monday, September 22, 2008
Down to ONE!
Madi is officially down to taking only one nap now. We started the switch a couple of weeks ago. She did it one day and never went back. I've heard from many moms about the struggle of taking away a nap, but it's surprisingly been great! While Spencer has commented that he still doesn't think she's ready for one nap, I'm the one who's with her all day and believe me- she's ready. She was inconsistent with her afternoon naps before this-sometimes she'd nap too late, pushing her bedtime back (which I am not a fan of). With the one nap, she goes down around 11am (which will eventually be pushed back later), sleeps for 2 hours, and then is back in bed for the night somewhere in the 6 o'clock hour! It's HEAVENLY!!! I'm all about "Anie time," and now I get plenty of it every night!! The first couple of days that I took away Madi's second nap, it was a struggle keeping her up until 6pm! There were several nights that I'd look at the clock after closing her door and it would be like 5:45! I find it interesting how the earlier she goes to bed, the later she sleeps in, and the later she goes to bed, the earlier she's up in the morning! She still sleeps until 7am, I just get more time in the evening to myself! I've been using my evenings reading for book club, making bows, blogging (of course), finishing Madi's 1st year scrapbook, setting up my tutoring blog (scheduled to post on Craig's list by the end of the month (thanks to encouragement from Krista:)), Young Women activities on Thursday nights, and hanging out with Spencer when he needs a break from studying! Life with one kid is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thats so awesome! Im so glad i have you as my example! Im thinking Lexi might soon be ready to join Madi in the big girls one nap club! Her first nap is getting shorter and shorter! Id really like a BIG chunk of time vs two short naps! Madi looks so cute in that picture! What a big girl she is! Lexi needs to get better so they can really get down and play!
it's so true, the earlier i put halle down the later and longer she sleeps. it is so wonderful!
How nice! One nap is great! You are so lucky that she goes to bed so early. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. I miss those days.
Way to go Anie. I got to switch Ani this past summer from her two nap schedule to just one nap and it too was so easy. It helps if you wait to do it until they are really ready. Love you baby girl. xoxoMOM
You are sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! All that free time! I wish Lucas would sleep later if I put him to bed earlier.
Yay for one nap!! I was so worried that I wouldn't have the same amount of time to get things done if Reina was only sleeping 1 nap. Turns out, I get waaaay more done. No more hurrying and trying to squeeze in all of my running around and errands during those few hours she's awake, now I get all morning (until 1:00) to get things done. Then Reina is usually sooo exhausted she'll take a 3-4 hour nap. Lovely!!!
That's a big step!!! One nap a day rocked my world at first...now I'm lucky if she sleeps more than an hour :-) nice work sister !
Decker has been a one-a-day napper since he was 1 too! It does make things easier...and like you, I'm all about schedules and "Mommy" time!:) Hope you guys are doing gggggreat!:)
You are so lucky that the transition from two to one went so well for you. It was awful for me!
Madi is such a beautiful baby. Every time see her cute pictures I think that.
ps. Hannah and Gavin play well together, but yes, they also fight horribly well too. I'm starting to let them work it out on their own. Ohh the drama around here sometimes!
I was kindof sad when Hunter stopped taking two naps; however, once he stopped his second nap I noticed that he would spend more time playing by himself (whether it be with toys are pens he'd find). I laughed when I read the last sentence of this post. Your day will come for #2 (muah ha ha!) and then you will be rejoicing when they're finally BOTH down for a nap!
Post a Comment