In my family, it was always my dad who was the big kite flier. Every trip to the beach, or even just to the park, he had to make sure that we brought along a kite. My dad always bought the nice BIG ones that took at least two people to get it into the air. So naturally I've never thought to buy a kite, let alone take Madi kite flying- I just always remember it being so much work! Luckily I have GREAT friends who are AWESOME moms and actually get their kids kites (and even nicer to share them with Madi and I)! Yesterday we had a little bit of wind, which mixed with some warm sun, was PERFECT for kite flying! We met up at the grassy area behind my house to let the kites FLY!!


Now I see why my dad LOVES it so much!! We had a great time!


Yes, even I got into the action! I have to admit, I wanted a LONGER turn! There really is something therapeutic about it!


Madi did a surprisingly awesome job handling the kite. I was nervous to let her do it alone, but she flew it like a pro!
Except that as she held on, she had the habit of walking closer and closer to the trees (maybe just going with the wind). Like in this picture, she had walked over to the railing while hanging on and the tail accidently got caught on a branch. Luckily, we were able to pull it free!

Unfortunately, our kite flying experience ended not so lucky. Madi and Lexi had been sharing Lexi's kite, which is always kinda tricky to have 2 toddlers SHARE something! After giving Lexi back her kite, Madi threw a little FIT! SO as I'm off disciplining Madi about being nice to her friends and sharing things (that aren't even hers!), Lexi's happily enjoying her turn, when all of a sudden a big gust of wind blows the kite out of Lexi's hand (well, at least I think that's what happened). When I turned around (after my pep talk with Madi) I see Melissa chasing after Barbie! The kite had flown up into the tallest trees, getting stuck momentarily, only to then continue flying UP over the housetops- gone FOREVER!

Good thing they're only a couple bucks at Target. I'm sure we'll have many more kite flying adventures to come!
5 comments:
BYE BYE BARBIE!!! Its just funny to me when I picture all of us, just staring at Barbie flying alone up in that tree. I guess there was nothing we could do, but just the way we all stood there. Like- UH WHAT NOW? What an awesome adventure! I cant wait for more wind now that we have more kites! and a BACK UP!!!! YEAH!
I love hearing the adventures twice in two different perspectives. I wish I could have gotten in on the kite flying. My dad has trick kites and everything and still I have not bought Tyler a kite either. Maybe that's my next purchase...
It's a good thing Lexi lost her OWN kite. How traumatic though. Poor Barbie!
I remember all those beach trips with your Dad and kites. It was so fun.
HEY!!!! my email is DOWN! CALL ME! were going to the FESTIVAL AFTER NAPS! COME WITH US!
Post a Comment