Wednesday, June 10, 2009

35 Weeks

And I sure am feeling it! The past few days have been tough ones for me. I am finally feeling pregnant- and I mean REALLY pregnant! Up until now, my belly hasn't seemed to get in the way much. My energy level's been great (I was pretty proud of myself- thinking that nothing could slow me down:)! Madi was still able to read stories on my lap, and I could still carry her around when I needed to. But then this past week it all caught up to me!  I'm exhausted! It's not comfortable to sit- unless I'm reclined with my legs up. Madi has to sit to the side on one of my legs while reading stories. I desperately need a nap (at least a short one) everyday. And when I sleep at night I have to have pillows between my legs. I'm finally remembering that feeling of wanting to have the baby out! I remember after Madi was born I'd laugh about how much easier it was when she was still in there.  So I guess it's a good thing that the end gets uncomfortable enough to make the joy of pregnancy easy to give up.

At least I have a lot to look forward to in these next five weeks. . . .
*In exactly FOUR weeks my mom flies in and will be staying with us for 3 weeks!! I know- I'm spoiled, but boy will her help be appreciated!

*In a little over THREE weeks we get to celebrate our Nations birthday (Spencer's favorite holiday of the year)! I'm especially looking forward to Spencer having a day off of work- making for a long weekend to celebrate, eating lots of yummy foods, and watching the fireworks downtown DC!

*In a little over TWO weeks Madilyn turns 2- so of course we'll be having another celebration!

*Then in exactly ONE week I have my last ultrasound!  I can hardly wait to get a sneak peak of our new baby girl! Hopefully we'll get a good picture out of it, not to mention finding out her estimated size (I'm sure it's just me, but she feels like a good 5 or 6 pounds already) and position!

I know I just posted a belly picture, but what's a "belly update" without a picture? I decided to measure myself tonight. The day I delivered Madilyn I was 42 inches around. I've been measuring myself the past couple of months and I'd been 38 inches for quite some time. Then just tonight I measured again and I'm now 40 1/2 inches! Whoa! No wonder I've been feeling uncomfortable!

5 comments:

Lis said...

You are so funny! at first I thought HEY ANIE, your belly finally looks BIG and then I kept looking at the picture and I was like wait, NO- thats not too big!!! At least you finally look pregnant!!! I swear a few weeks ago I could hardly tell!!! Sorry your feeling it though. I remember that, well, i remember wanting the baby out- I forget the actual FEELING of GET OUT OF ME NOW!!! You really are a trooper though! I say more trips to the pool, BIG POOL- even it if LOOKS like its going to rain!!!! =)

tylerandmommy said...

You're almost there! YIPPEE!! Way to look at the bright side and keep busy until your due date - it helps to keep doing stuff until the baby pops out. (And by POPS I mean slowly and painfully comes out.) Let me know if you need anything!

Safire said...

Almost there! :) You look so cute with your belly. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Cothran Family said...

You are so cute annie bananie! And your little madi is as cute as ever. Love the hat :) Good luck with the last few weeks. Try to get some sleep. love you.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

You look so great! Sorry it's starting to wear on ya. It's tough having a toddler and being prego. You can do it!! lol