Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Diapers GALORE!!

With only one month left to go until due date, Melissa and Candis had the fabulous idea of throwing a baby bash for me and our other friend Becky (who's also having a girl).

Can you tell who's a little further along!?! Ya, no more complaining about how big you are Becky! I swear I'm DOUBLE your size!!

Since Becky and I both already have a girl and it's not typically customary to have another shower, Melissa and Candis had the genius idea of a DIAPER SHOWER! They asked each guest to bring a pack of diapers for each of us (cause what new baby doesn't need lots and LOTS of diapers)! Then to spice it up, they threw out the challenge for the guests to bring the diapers decorated somehow. Now if it was ME given the challenge, I totally would have forgone that idea. The diapers would have stayed neatly in their package- exactly as they are. However, we had a couple of friends who really took the challenge. 

From diaper flowers with cute little washcloth centers. . .   


To a diaper wreath with toys and baby supplies attached, 
we've got some extremely creative friends!

This particular gift I couldn't help but get extra excited about. My friend Shauna makes these adorable hair clips for her daughter, and every Sunday I just stare in envy, wishing I could make clips as cute as hers. Well, now I don't have to wish any longer. Shauna tied her package with 6 of her handmade clips attached, not to mention a headband for the clips to interchange out of, as well as a binky clip (that she made), along with hand crochet booties attached! Then inside of the bag (that YES she made!!) she had wrapped her diapers in a beautiful crochet trimmed blanket for Elle! Thanks Shauna! You never cease to amaze me!
Along with getting us stocked up with diapers, Candis and Melissa came up with the "Guess that POO" game!! Nine different types of candy bars were melted into nine different diapers and we were to open up each diaper, take a peak, and then name that poo!  Ya, pretty disgusting- but quite entertaining!



Along with all the chatting and games, Melissa and Candis had some pretty amazing food prepared. You can always tell a party that Melissa's decorated for. . .
Check out that table! And this wasn't even all the food!


I really think I laughed the majority of the night! It was so great to spend some time with friends- away from the kids!



Thanks ladies for the fabulously entertaining evening, and especially for all the diapers!

A BIG thanks to Candis for hosting the party!

And a HUGE thank you to both Melissa and Candis for planning such an awesome party! I feel so lucky to have such sweet, thoughtful friends!


13 comments:

Lis said...

Seriously, you arent kidding about laughing the entire night! That was a REALLY fun time! We know how to do it up RIGHT!!! You should know that most of it was Candis's Idea, I just made it PINK! Its pretty much the ONE thing im good at. Making stuff PINK! haha! Im glad Candis and I got to do something FUN for you and Becky! We had fun doing it!

Heidi said...

That is such a fun idea and perfect for baby number two. I have got to use that sometime!

Cristin said...

I love that diaper idea for Baby #2. That is all I wanted with Charlie, but people said diapers were boring. Diapers are PRACTICAL!!

Lollidale Farm said...

It was so much fun! We have so much talent around here!!

Doreen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is awesome! Melissa is seriously the bomb!! Yeah, I can totally tell she was in charge. She is seriously the next Martha Stewart. SO creative. I love how you're totally flaunting your belly in all of the pictures!! haha! That got ME laughing!! Just looking at your belly makes me wonder how women are supposed to carry their babies for 9 whole months in their bellies!!! AHHHH! Anyways, glad you had a good diaper shower. Cool activities and awesome presents. Can't wait for that little Elle!!!!!!!

tylerandmommy said...

Ok so your diaper shower posts definitely beats our my diaper shower post. I'm glad everyone had such a fun time. I always worry that my parties will be boring...that's why I HAD to recruit Melissa's help. She always knows how to spice things up. I can't wait to see baby Elle!

JoSue said...

Wow how much fun!! I like to buy more practical gifts for people such as diapers, wipes, etc... so I would've loved this shower! Seriously, when it was my bridal shower, my friends told me to make a list and all I could think of was a hair straightener and a makeup bag! ha! Sometimes it's bad to be overly practical. :)

I love the shower idea though. If anything, it was a good night out with your friends. I love the pictures and all your gifts look so fun! Good luck these last few weeks. You look great! Love you! xoxo

martyrudd said...

The "poo" game??!! What a funny idea and a great baby shower game!! You look so good, Nan. I can't wait to see you in person in only 3 weeks:)
xoxoMOM

Jen said...

You do look amazing!!! What a cute pregnant lady you are! I freakin' miss you girl! Pat your tummy for me and know that we are all thinking of you!

Shauna said...

What a fabulous party for some fabulous ladies. I hope you felt special and loved. I'm really glad you enjoyed the gift. I always worry that I might not pick the right gift for the person's taste, so I'm glad that you liked it.

Lindsey said...

What a cute shower idea! To answer your questions: I actually have felt a lot better with this pregnancy. Partly because I wasn't sick like I was with Brooklyn, and partly because I've been more active. I just sat at a desk all day when I was prego with Brooklyn. I didn't have any energy during the first trimester, and I definitely start feeling it now when I've done too much. But overall I feel really good. I'm still sleeping fairly well. I feel like with my two year old, it is a lot easier to carry this baby than it will be once he is born. Brooklyn is definitely wearing me out though. We moved her to a bed, & now we are potty training, so between those two things we've been pretty busy. It hasn't hit Brandon either yet. It probably won't until I have him. I'm getting induced on the 21st of July. You look so cute, by the way.

Gretch said...

What a fantastic idea! Those diaper creations are too cute! You look fabulous! I hope you're feeling well and resting a lot!

Terry Family said...

How fun! What cute gifts and very creative friends! Did Stacie make a penguin out of diapers? That diaper game is gross! I can never play that one, especially when I am pregnant.