Madi's one lucky girl- cause several of the errands this week have been for her benefit, like:
* A trip to Toys R Us to get her a doctor kit. This is with hopes that it'll make her happier in attending doctor visits with me. I haven't taken her since my first check-ups and now with going so often, I figure it's time to try again. Big thanks to Melissa and Lexi for always letting Madi come and play for all my past doctor visits. It's definitely time Madi grow up though and start facing the doctor like a big girl!
* A trip to the Library. We really should be going weekly, but I've seemed to have slacked off the past few months. Madi has so many books at home that I figured it was no big deal that we hadn't gone for awhile. But after spending an hour there this morning, I realized it's definitely something she's been missing. A library to Madi is like a big ice cream sundae to most kids. From the books, to the puzzles, to the little couches and chairs, Madi was in absolute heaven!
Madilyn definitely deserves a reward though. She's been a complete champ this week- with dropping Spencer off at the Metro at 8am and not returning home until almost nap time each day. Yesterday was the first day she whined a little. As we drove to the church to set up for our big Senior Celebration for mutual that night, I could hear Madi begging in the back, "I wanna go home. . . wanna go home. . ." I feel super lucky to have such a great little buddy to run all my errands with. For the most part she always seems to make the mundane daily tasks a lot more enjoyable!
Forgive the absence of pictures in this post. I haven't even thought to get out my camera with the busy week that it's been. I'll include some later!
6 comments:
I need to get Reina a doctor's kit too. She is the opposite of Madi though, she is OBSESSED with doctor's offices--she loves them and always tries to talk me into taking her.
The doctor's kit was a huge help for Butterfly too. :) I find a snack helps as well. I can't believe how close you are getting!
SO THATS WHERE YOUVE BEEN! I guess i Knew, but I didnt realize your were NESTING! haha! Its so true, that totally happens! I even did it, and im not much for nesting my nest. I fyou know what I mean.
Anyway, I have something for you so i NEED to see you tomorrow. Add me to your list will ya? I can be an errand!
Oh yah and since its 1am, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if I am a freak, or what, but I think running errands with Tyler is SO much more fun! It's nice to have someone to talk to and someone to help you out (so to say). I am glad you got so much done! I saw your sidebar...40 more days, HUH?! WOW!
Happy Anniversary. Any fun plans? I can't believe that you are that close to baby #2! It seems to have gone really fast...for us (probably not so fast for you!) Actually I am having a hard time believing that Tyler is already 7 months old. Where have the last 7 months gone??? As to the doctor visits with Madi, mine always took forever, so I hated to call the same friends to watch Eric every week. I didn't want him watching when they would check me (a little too much information!) so I brought those little eye cover things that you sleep with and he wore those when the doctor came in! The nurse and doctor thought it was really funny, but it worked! We also did lots of pages in his workbooks while we waited and waited. I hope Madi cooperates for you and that your appointments go faster than mine did!
Post a Comment