Sunday, June 14, 2009

Making the Change

This past week we rearranged Madi's room. At the end of April, Tisha brought up her kids toddler bed to help Madi start making the transition to becoming a big girl! However, with all the company we've had over the past month, we haven't had a Saturday to get things moved around.  



So, I've been itching to get the "big girl bed" moved into her bedroom for quite some time now. Her room is a little cramped with the crib and all, but we got it in there! I was worried about having to take out a bunch of stuff. So far the only thing we had to remove was the art easel. While Madi still won't sleep in her new bed, at least she's getting used to the idea of having a "big girl bed" and knowing that her crib days are soon coming to an end. I figure I've still got about 4 months to make the transistion.

While on the subject of changes, it's killing me to keep referring to our baby as "the baby" or #2, etc. Spencer and I are the type of people who know what we're going to name the baby long before it's born. We picked out all the names we're planning on using before we even had kids. We're never totally sure which kid is going to get which name, but at least all the names are already there. Madi was called Madilyn pretty much my entire pregnancy. When she came out the name couldn't have been more fitting. I didn't need to see her to know if the name would fit, I felt like I already knew her. The same goes for this one. As soon as we knew it was a girl, she became known as "baby Elle" (Eleanor Bailey, officially). It's nice for Madi to be able to already talk to (and about) her baby sister. She'll come up to my stomach at least once a day to say, "Hi baby Elle. I love you baby Elle." 

With that said, I've been wanting to change things around in Madi's room, preparing her for her upcoming roommate. Once I have Elle sleep trained, she'll be moving on in. I grew up always sharing a room and I have such great experiences from it. So I am definitely looking forward to my girls being good friends and roommates! 

Now, as many of you already know- I am one of the least crafty people ever! But luckily I have an  extremely crafty friend.  I'm sure Melissa got tired of hearing me complain about my girls needing a cute "girly" room, so she took it upon herself to create me some art for their walls.  Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen! Again- A HUGE thank you goes out to Melissa!


Check out the detail on each of these painted canvases. . . . .




Ya, SUPER amazing! Melissa even found and painted these adorable wooden words to go along with the theme for their room.

Now, if only I can figure out how to display it all in the girls room to not ruin such a beautiful creation! 

8 comments:

Lis said...

wow! Im dying to come over and check out the new room!!!! I want to see where you hung the flowers too! I bet moving all that stuff around feels SO GOOD! I know how long youve been wanting to get it all set up! Now youre ready! BABY ELLE- COME OUT COME OUT IVE GOT SOME CANDY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????? She better pop out before I move!

Unknown said...

Wow that is SO STINKING CUTE! I need to copy that. How do you even get started on that thing? What's it made of?

Tisha said...

way to go melissa! those are totally cute! I LOVE the colors you chose for the flowers and boards! it would be fun to paint the room a green color- and make them cute matching blankets! I'm excited to see the new room! xoxo

tylerandmommy said...

I loved it the moment I saw it! And I was totally jealous, but I have a boy who would go "ew girl stuff" if I ever tried to put it in his room. Replace the flowers with sports balls and we are good to go. I want to come over now and see the new decorations!

JoSue said...

Oh man. Baby Elle is finally making her debut! I'm glad you finally unveiled her name! I wasn't sure if you were keeping it a secret from everyone so I refrained from making a comment about it. I love that name though. She'll fit it perfectly. :)

Those things that your friend made are adorable!! How much fun to have two sisters sharing a room! I always had to share with my brother and honestly, there's just no fun in that. :) Can't wait to see all the pictures. Good luck Madi with your BIG girl bed!! I bet she'll get into it when she sees that the baby belongs in the crib and big girls get beds. Fingers crossed! Love you guys. xoxo

Jen said...

cute cute wall art. I am not crafty either, so I end up stealing ideas from friends and just buying whatever cute stuff I see.

I did have one question... was the fighting part of the "good memories"? Perhaps that's what made you and Tisha so close inevitably....you fought so much that you learned to love each other in spite of your differences early on!

MSorenson said...

Wow, what a fun friend to have! Those flowers are adorable. I am a big fan of room sharing, my boys aren't great sleepers, so we are waiting till baby number three comes along to have them share. Madi is so cute, that dance video looks fun. Would it be wierd for a boy?

Cristin said...

Those are very cute. I can't wait to see how you display them!