Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Almost there!

I'm 38 weeks today and boy do I feel ready! I am currently 1 cm dilated and 65-70% effaced. I was the same at last weeks check-up, so not really a big deal. I've been trying to remember what I did during those final weeks of being pregnant with Madi. I remember it being relaxing. With the last day of school at my 37 week mark, I had 3 full weeks to myself. I remember sitting outside writing thank yous (I was thrown 5 baby showers, so you can imagine the amount of thank you's that had to be written), eating popsicles, taking naps, washing baby clothes, sleeping in, going to the gym everyday (and being able to stay for as long as I wanted), and watching lots and lots of Baby Story. I definitely was NOT climbing up and down the stairs 30 times a day, lugging around a 2 year old, going down twisty slides at the park, having my belly climbed on by an excited big sister, or doing a LOT of waiting (on my feet) for an extremely slow daughter who insists on walking everywhere, doing it herself, and looking at everything! While I still work-out, I've recently cut back to 3 days a week. I don't care about watching Baby Story (not having cable probably adds to that). And the baby clothes have already been worn and washed! I'll call my first pregnancy the dream and my second- well, maybe a glimpse, cause I know it's not yet reality. Not until I'm pregnant with maybe the 4th and getting NO nap during the day while also having to lug around a couple of kids everywhere I go! 

While I still get a relatively good nights rest, and am able to take naps during the day, I think I can say I'm ready to give it up so that I can have a smaller stomach again. This belly is really getting uncomfortable. I'm tired of sleeping on my side with my legs propped up on gazillions of pillows. I'm tired of being swollen in weird places. I'm tired of achy legs and a weak bladder. I don't know if I'm ready for the sleepless nights yet, so I'll just keep pretending that they're not going to be that bad. I'm excited for my mom to get here next week. It'll definitely be a nice break, having help with Madi.   

A belly picture will be coming as soon as Spencer gets home to take one! :)

9 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Hang in there woman! You don't have much longer! I was 1cm dialated when I was in actual labor. It seems so weird that people can be dialated before they start having massive contractions. Anyhow, let me know if you need anything - YAY for your mom coming to town!

Lollidale Farm said...

Really? You're that close?! No way, Mama! I can't wait to meet her!

You are so right about each pregnancy situation changing. It's too bad we can't appreciate how "easy" we had it when things were simpler, because they don't feel simple OR easy when we're going through them.

Lis said...

Well I hope all the extra MADI-NESS helps you go into labor a LOT sooner! You crack me up at how CALM you are with the whole thing! You just know its going to happen when it happens! (im all about MAKING IT HAPPEN!) Im excited to have your mom here too! Does she know im going to be crashing the party?? haha!

Scott Musgrave said...

Have Madi take the PICTURE!!!

Cothran Family said...

Hang in there girl. If you can make it through the last weeks of pregnancy you can do anything!!! (especially with a toddler in tow)I remember with Marrick he was sitting on a nerve in my back and I couldn't lay down for the last 3 weeks!
I loved how you told how it is. So true, so true. No more baby story around here either. (and a rare nap)
Love you Anie and we hope for a smaller tummy soon with a healthy baby

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh man, hang in there! I can't believe she is only 2 weeks away! But if it makes you feel any better, the second pregnancy (the pregnant part) was definitely harder than the second NEWBORN. It was way easier once she was out and I was back to feeling a little more like myself. Taking care of a newborn isn't nearly so much work once you've done it before. But being pregnant with a 2-yr-old on the side sure is! We can't wait to see that little one!

Terry Family said...

We are so excited for a new cousin! I just hope we get to meet her before she is walking! (Don't worry, I wont let Tyler walk until after he meets you!)

Jones Family said...

Hang in there, it's about to get worse. Just make it through the first two weeks after Elle is born.

And yes, I remember you at the gym the DAY you had Madi. That is my goal with this one!

Doreen said...

I'm way impressed by what you've been able to do being as pregnant as you are. Running around after Madi would constitute (in my book) as working out everyday. When I was reading about your 4th of july post I kept thinking "I would be at home watching tv if I was THAT pregnant." So, way to go. You're more pregnant than I've ever been (H was induced a week early and M was induced 2 weeks early) I can't stand being a huge person for too long!!! haha.