Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waiting. . .

When you're scheduled for an induction, standard procedure is to call labor and delivery an hour before going in. If they're backed up, you obviously can't get checked it and will be placed on the "waiting list". Well, that's exactly what happened to me today. I am currently on the waiting list and super annoyed about it. I hate waiting. I hate not knowing. I have things I'd like to do, but thinking that I might be getting "the call" has stopped me from doing any of it. Living only a mile from the hospital, I'm afraid to go anywhere for fear of  not being ready when they call, or heaven forbid- being put back on the waiting list!

So, NO I am not in labor yet (thanks for all your thoughts, emails, and calls though). And now I'm just hoping this baby will be here by tomorrow! 

I took my last belly shots this morning though- just to be prepared! :) Sorry to those of you who aren't fans of the naked belly shots. It's just so crazy to think that a 7+ pound kid is hanging out in there!




8 comments:

Safire said...

*whistling the theme from Jeopardy*

are you still waiting?!

Lis said...

I really CANT believe this. REALLY. Im as annoyed as you!!! HELLO!! I HAVE LIKE 24 HRS LEFT!!!!

Doreen said...

Oh wow. I thought for SURE this post was going to say "She's here!" Welp, waiting has allowed you to take these cool pictures AND maybe Spencer has two days off now instead of just one. :)

tylerandmommy said...

I told you Elle will come out when she wants to...

Or she'll come out when the doctor wants to...

Or when the hospital isn't too busy...

One of those. No matter what, she'll come out. :)

Summer said...

that's one good lookin' prego belly ;-) good idea to get some farewell shots.

Lis said...

Oh yah and YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! Your belly is adorable!!!!!! Good luck tonight!!!! May it all go FAST!!!!!

Cristin said...

If I had a belly like yours I would post it on my blog too. Seriously, mine is all stretch marked and yucky. Can't wait to hear when the baby comes!

Lollidale Farm said...

I can't wait to hear the whole scoop! But I won't be too annoying about it (waiting patiently)