With my mom, dad, brother, and Spencer's aunt and uncle here in town, we decided to have Elle blessed yesterday. Being only 9 days old, we opted out of the traditional church blessing, and did it at home instead. I couldn't have been happier with the small, intimate gathering we had. Without all the distractions in a regular sacrament meeting, I was able to focus and enjoy the blessing that much more.

This is the dress I was blessed in, as well as the dress all of my girls will wear to be blessed.

Daddy's baby girl

The four men in the blessing circle L-R: Spencer's Uncle Bob, my brother Bobby, Spencer, and my dad


Our first family picture (I'm still kicking myself that we never got one of all 4 of us in the hospital)!

Gram and Elle

Elle with her Papa

Stacie and Scott also came to support (thanks guys)!

8 comments:
What a great idea! Tyler was blessed in the bishop's office for many of the same reasons. It is so much easier to pay attention to the blessing and to focus on the importance of the ordinance instead of whose kid is crying right in the middle of the whole thing. Your family looks great and Elle is SO cute. PLEASE let me know if you need anything!
Gray was the only one we had blessed in sacrament meeting. I LOVED our own separate family things we did. So much more personal. She is such a pretty baby, and in that picture of dad holding her, she looks very much like a Rudd baby! Kiss those cute cheeks for me! Love you!
By the way, Anie, your hair is so long and pretty! You look amazing! Just thought you should know!
Sorry I couldn't be there. You guys look so great. Bob said he has had so much fun. More than when hanging out with me!!! Miss you guys. I will call you in a couple days. Love you.
Well I didn't know you had the option of doing it at home?! Why doesn't everyone just do that? Interesting.... What a pretty day and that yellow dress looks amazing on you! Elle is adorable and we wish we could've been there. Glad to see and hear that everyone is doing good though. We are jealous of all that fun you guys are having! xoxo
You look SO CUTE Anie! I love how summery you look!!! Your hair looks really good too!!!! Glad the blessing went well and you got some cute family pictures! Sad we werent there!!! I cant say that enough. It almost broke my heart hearing Lexi crying for Madi last night.
ANIE! You Look SMOKIN'!! Did Melissa do your hair before she left??? you look amazing.
She reminds me so much of my Miss M when she was born! Check out the slideshow at the bottom of my blog to see a few picts. Hello hair,right!? Perfect for a baby girl! Lucky, lucky you!
Post a Comment