Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Fun!

This afternoon Spencer, Madi, and I took off to spend our Labor Day at Cunningham Falls. It's a beautiful state park located about 45 minutes north of Rockville. We were more than prepared for an afternoon of fun- bringing along everything we could possibly need including our BBQ, volleyball, football, beach toys, floaty, beach chairs, towels, food to grill, and lots of other snacks! With a packed car, we set off! Our friends, Travis, Krista, and their 2 girls caravaned up with us. Leading the group, Spencer made sure to check directions with Google maps before leaving. The park was 49 miles from our home, so we became a little concerned when 49 miles into our trip we had no clue where we were- except in some hick town of Maryland- Funkstown to be exact (and not only that, we were only a few miles from the Pennsylvania border)! It had definitely been a beautiful drive, but we were no where near our destination! Even though it was Google maps who had failed us, Spencer humbled himself and pulled over, admitting that we were lost! To Spencer's credit, he's quite the accomplished navigator, even when we are "lost". However, without a good map, Spencer was stumped on this one! Luckily Krista had a detailed map of Maryland and with a little help from a nice old man from Funkstown, we successfully found our way to Cunningham Falls!

Thanks Krista for being such an awesome navigator!


The only downfall of our gorgeous detour was that our 45 minute trip had ended up turning into a 2 hour adventure! Our afternoon of fun was now cut down to a few hours of fun! Oh, but FUN we had! With good food, good weather, and good friends, it's hard not to have a GREAT time!




6 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

After going there the other day, I want to go back! It was so relaxing, and (if you know where you're going!) it's not too far away. Glad you found it and had a good time!

Lis said...

FUN! a BEACH!!! I bet Kate was LOVING Madi!!! I miss home! TEAR! I wish we were there to join in the fun! Its stinkin HOT here! I feel like a roasted hot dog! only like 10 days or something till we come home! CRAZY! We cant wait for a girlie play date!

Jen said...

Looks like a fun place. I never had the pleasure of going there when we lived there, but if I had found that place I probably would have lived there! Looks like loads of fun!!! BTW, Madi is wearing my favorite bow! I got a new "bowmaker" I'm going to send some bows out with mom for Madi and Ani. Any requests as far as color need to be sent ASAP!!!

Jones Family said...

It looks like such a beautiful place! It seems so Americana. I always love how Madi is all put together... I'm loving the bow in her hair. Not to mention her CUTE necklace in her "14 month" picture.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

These pictures are so cute! I have a couple cute ones of Madi to send you too... now that we all have internet again! Thanks for inviting us along for the adventure!!!

The Harpers said...

You guys seriously need to get a GPS--it'll change your life and save you tons of time!!! Looks like you had tons of fun!