Friday, July 3, 2009

Day out with Daddy!

Most weekends Spencer takes Madi on a special outing. Madi calls it "day out with daddy." Just this past week, while Spencer was at work, Madi says to me, "Mommy, I want a day out with daddy!" She really looks forward to her special daddy time, and as any other mother, so do I! Some days, oh how I wish I could grant her request!! So today was a great day! While Daddy and Madi were off playing, I was lounging poolside! However, a little bit after I get home, I hear the front door open and the first thing Madi says is, "Mommy, I got a fish tank!" And of course Spencer just walks in so proud, with a look like, "isn't this the most wonderful thing ever!!? 

Yup, we've got fish now. 4 of them in fact. 3 guppies and a beta so I'm told. He also told me he almost got a frog too, but that he decided to hold off on that till the fish get "settled in." In a very reassuring tone, Spencer also tells me, "don't worry, I got all males so that our three guppies don't become 300. He then explains to me that guppies are known to make baby guppies at the rate of bunny rabbits. Thanks Spencer, I'm so glad you thought of that-that was my one concern!!! 

To be honest, although I had my hesitations, the fish tank is really cool. I'm kind of diggin it now! There is something soothing to turning out the lights and watching fish swim around. I think I've actually already become attached to our new family members. Let's just hope we can keep em alive!  

7 comments:

Lis said...

OH boy! I bet Madi is SOOOOOOOO excited!!!! )Lexi saw it and yelled A BALL!!!) Were gonna have to come over and check it out!! It is a pretty cool fish tank!!! I grew up with a HUGE one and I know all about guppies! (snails do the SAME thing!!!)

tylerandmommy said...

That IS a cool fish tank! Our lease says we can't have pets - even fish, but that's ok cause I can't even keep flowers alive. My dad always was into fish, so we had a lot growing up. Good luck with your new pets and YAY for Spencer thinking through the fish reproduction issues beforehand...

The Hansen Family said...

I can't even keep a plant alive, and so far our beta is doing ok...so I'm sure you'll be fine:) So fun! It is relaxing to have a fish - and the kiddo's love em'. Very cool. Love the tank!

Jones Family said...

I loved having a fish tank. We gave it up when we moved out of Burbank. I would love to sit and watch them. There is a whole little social world to follow. I bet Madi just LOVES her fish. Poor Spencer... he is just trying to satisfy his need for a dog.
Hannah misses Madi. She wants Madi to come and spend the night in her room.

Terry Family said...

OK, Spencer has a really nice fish tank and stand in our shed! I have wondered two things, for a long time now,
1. Why do we have the fish tank, when it is Spencers! I remember him getting it for Chirstmas one year.
2. Why didn't I just drive it up to Burbank and put it in your Pod when you moved to Maryland????
Do you want it now? I don't have the heart to sell it at a garage sale, but I am sick of storing it too! I'm sure Madi would love it :)

Cristin said...

You can't complain until your husband brings home a 40 gallon tank. Actually, I don't know how big the TWO tanks in our dining room are. They just take up a lot of room. Yours looks pretty though. I like the ball.

Jen said...

good luck...definetly easier than dogs! At least now we only have two, so life is a little easier!