Sunday, July 12, 2009

Help has Arrived!

I'm currently 39 1/2 weeks pregnant, 3 cm dilated, and 80% effaced (well, that was as of Wednesday), but now my mom's here- so life is GREAT! Madi and I picked her up from the airport Wednesday morning and these past 4 days have been an absolute dream! My mom's an incredible help! Since she arrived I've not only had assistance with cooking and cleaning, but she's also been Madi's new buddy. 


With someone at home to help with Madi, I've been able to run errands during nap time, go to the doctor ALONE, attend my YW presidency meeting (again ALONE),work-out every morning, pick up Spencer from the Metro after bedtime hour, get some swim/ lay out time at the pool, and just yesterday- go out on a date with Spencer! And the best thing about it is that she's gonna be here for over two more weeks!! We love you mom! Thanks for coming to help! 

11 comments:

Jones Family said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your last few days of freedom. I love that dress on Madi.

tylerandmommy said...

YAY for moms! I am glad you have been able to get so much done because as soon as that baby comes, you won't. I'm sure you already know that. Anyhow, enjoy having her there!

Doreen said...

AHH! Help arriving means baby is coming SOON!!! Almost done! Can't wait for little Ellie!!!!

Lindsey said...

2 days to go! Are you going to get induced if you go late? So nice to have your mom in town already so you can get some last minute things done. As of last Tues, I was dialated to a 2, 75% effaced, but I have to wait until Thurs to find out where I'm at. Why does that seem like so long when you are in the last stretch? Hope everything goes well with the delivery!

Terry Family said...

Aren't moms the best??? I loved having help before and after Tyler was born! We can't wait for that phone call! Have fun! (If labor and delivery can be fun!)

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Good luck!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of your precious baby! I'm glad your mom is there. What a stress relief!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aw, that's so awesome! I hope you get lots of R&R before that 2nd baby comes!

Lis said...

Sad, this kinda brought a tear to my eye!!! Ask your mom if she can come out a couple of weeks before I have my next baby!!! haha! Im so glad shes there! Its fun having a decision making Anie around! hehe!

Safire said...

Yay for help!

Erin said...

Moms are the best. We'll be checking in on you often these next few days looking forward to the happy news!

Thinking of you...

Erin

Terry Family said...

Your little baby tracker says 0 days today! Yeah! Can't wait to hear!