
Oh how I love my sisters (that includes all sister-in-laws). Sometimes it's hard living so far from family. I'd love to have a sister close by to hang out with, go on walks with (or runs- Tisha and Jo), have lunch with, chat about life- knowing that no matter what I say or do, they love me for exactly who I am. That's what this past week with Karlee was like. It was such a treat having her here. Not only did I love her company, but she was incredibly helpful. From consoling Elle, to giving baths, getting kids dressed, and babysitting while I made Metro runs, I started thinking maybe I could get her to drop out of BYU- Idaho and move out here. It was great being able to get out of the house and do some things that I'm not brave enough to do alone yet (i.e. the zoo and city). So you can probably imagine how hard it was for me to drop her off at the airport yesterday afternoon. I'm definitely going to miss her company. We love you Karlee!
I did promise Karlee that I'd include a brief write up of our third and final outing into the city- mostly just as a reminder NOT to do it again! Our goal for Friday was to visit the Smithsonians- and I'm happy to report that we actually made it to all three we wanted to visit (Air and Space, Natural History, and American History). It definitely wasn't a long visit at each place, but it was a visit nonetheless. However, along with seeing airplanes, mammals, ocean life, and lots of hands on exhibits, we also experienced a LOT of crying, whining, getting spit up on, and metro confusion- with an especially rude Metro attendant (now that I've had a few days to cool off it doesn't seem as bad as it did in the moment). I didn't get many pics from our outing- probably due to having a screaming baby, two strollers, and a toddler who had her own agenda.

The picture below was taken while Elle was crying hysterically (hence the fuzziness). People kept walking by making comments, asking me if I needed help. I continued to assure them that "she's just tired." Ya, it was overall a pretty stressful day.



I think Karlee got tired of all the "photo shoots". She's just so beautiful and tons of fun to take pictures of!





7 comments:
awww. Im so glad you got time with your sister! How fun!! Sisters ARE the best. And so are friends who live in San Antonio. They want you to come see them too. (hint hint.........? Dont you need your hair did soon?)
Seeing all the pictures of the RIO makes me so sad. TEAR.
Well, of course we love you no matter what! Wish you lived closer!!!
What a fun time. I agree that sisters are the best!
Your post makes me jealous - I don't have any sisters. Karlee looks like she is a lot of fun to have around. How did it go convincing her to drop out of school and be your live-in entertainment? Oh and a trip to DC is never a good trip if something weird/strange/annoying/frustrating doesn't happen...
That is so fun that your sister could visit! I'm sure it was so nice for you! It sounds like you guys got a lot in while she was there!
Sounds like you two are great friends and have a ton of fun together....don't you love that about sisters! Your sister is beautiful and by the way you are just as photogenic as she is!!
I ventured out to Target to get the kids some shoes this morning. Abigail cried most of the time and Jake sang "Silent Night" and "I Am a Child of God" all throughout the store to her....I got lots of different looks (some annoyed some enjoyed!) Cute huh!
It looks like you had a ton of fun with your sister and family that has come for visits. How are things going now with you and your sweet little girls? Do you have more visitors coming? I'm sure the help has been nice. Let me know if you guys need anything or if you just want to get out of the house for a little while. Take care!
p.s. - Thanks for the tip about the bread. I made it, but I still don't think it tasted as good as yours. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I always think other people's food tastes better than mine. Oh well.
Post a Comment