On Monday Karlee, Madi, Elle, and I headed off to the ZOO. I love the zoo, but with having 2 kids now and not having purchased a double stroller yet, it's a task I'm not willing to do alone. I figured Karlee's visit was the perfect time to go! We've been having amazingly gorgeous weather this week and couldn't have picked a better day!







We didn't get very far before Elle started screaming for food- so while she ate, Madi enjoyed a banana muffin and Karlee used it as a chance to fix Madi's hair.


Funny how a 6 week old can be more work than a 2 year old on a trip to the zoo. While Elle kept spitting out her binky, and crying for attention, Madi was completely in awe with everything- from the elephants. . .


the llama

and the gorillas. . . she loved it all and was an angel the entire day (no nap and everything)!



and the gorillas. . . she loved it all and was an angel the entire day (no nap and everything)!


Of course Karlee's favorite was the lion, but Madi's was the Orangutang! Sorry about all the duplicate pictures, but the progression of our Orangutang siting was hilarious! Madi went onto Karlee's back- to get a better look.


Seeing that it was too bright, she begged for her sunglasses.

MUCH better!

Oh, there he is!


WOW- look at him go!


He put on a great show for us!

Gotta love ZOO entertainment!
After 2 hours we were beat and headed back home.




6 comments:
FUn stuff! Its sad to see places that ive been. I wish i was there. Or could have gone with you! You KNOW I WOULDA!!!! Madis HAIR and SHOES are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Oh and Ive had my taste of NIGHTMARE ZOO TRIPS WITH A BABY! I took Lexi where when she was like 6 months and she screamed to be held the WHOLE TIME! I wanted to die. Because by then, she weighed 20lbs and I fogot all 3 of my slings!!!!! My family never offered to help, they just looked at me like i was an idiot. I WAS THERE TO SEE THEM TOO! Psshhhh..
Anyway- glad you had FUN! with a HELPFUL sister!
Looks like fun...we love the Zoo. Our fav are the monkeys! Ok...well, MY fav are the monkeys! Looks like fun! I agree...I wish you lived closer too! Tell Spencer he's going to have to find a west coast job! Love you!
How FUN! Tyler was the same way with the Zoo - happy the whole time with NO nap and crashed on the way home. Madi looks like she is having SO much fun. I love her little braids and cute sunglasses! And how nice to have an aunt to climb on! Do you have a Baby Bjorn for Elle? That was the saver with Tyler going places - just strap him on and go. Next time you go to the Zoo (without family - don't wanna crash your party) let me know! I wanna go back!
Madi's hair is getting so long!
Hey! That zoo is awesome. I hope you're having fun with your sister in town! That is SO fun she was able to come out. Matt said she looks nothing like you but I told him to think of Tish and then look at your sister and then think about how similar you all look. Matt doesn't think people look the same unless you have the same color of hair :) WHEN in October are you coming down?? I wanna see little ELLE!!!
OH and I forgot to say that we need spencer's email address. I've got yours but neither of us have spencers.
Post a Comment