After touring the White House (or should I say a wing of the White House), we headed over to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing so that we could see how money is made! The tour walked us step by step through the process of currency production- beginning with large, blank sheets of paper and ending with wallet-ready bills! It was cool to watch this entire process through glass windows from above.
Madi already has a great love for money! We teach our daughter well!
We all had to take a turn to measure our height in $100 bills! Madi was worth the most! :)
After our BEP tour was over, Madi was ready for a nap and I knew she wasn't going to make it- being out all day again. This complicated things a bit. I couldn't drive mom and dad rental, and Spencer had our car parked at his school. So, Dad volunteered to lug Madi's car seat from our parking spot next to the BEP all the way to the Metro Station where we'd hop on and meet Spencer at his school for lunch. Mom and Jocelyn stayed behind for more site-seeing and lunch at Union Station while Spencer's dad and I headed for AU.
After a busy afternoon of seeing all the last minute things that they wanted to see, everyone made it safely back home around 6:30pm so that we could enjoy one last dinner together and a relaxing evening before their flight out in the morning. Thanks Dad, Mom, and Jocelyn for the fun visit! We loved having you here! As for the rest of you- we DO LOVE visitors and you're welcome anytime!
3 comments:
I want to come stay at your house for a week! I know i live right down the street but I hear the food is better at your house!!!
I dont know WHY i didnt know they had the BEP there. Um... i swear I looked it up once because I wanted to take a tour but I think i was looking up mint tours. Ill have to do that next month when my friend is here. The things i learn from you! THANKS ANIE!!!! Glad you had a fun visit! But im GLAD YOUR BACK! We like walking with you guys!
and driving you home in the rain...
Sounds like their trip was so much fun. Super Grandpa Al to carry the car seat all that way.
I loved all your blogs, you did such a great job of educating me on all the cool places to see in DC. When I ever get out there I'm going to have to follow your itenerary.
You are right... you have to get a tour of the White House once in your life. Sounds like once is enough too.
Post a Comment