Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Snuggles!!

Madi had her 15 month check-up today. Not much has changed from last month.
Height: 31 inches (70th %)
Weight: 21.75 pounds (34th %)
Head: 18.25 inches (65th %)

As soon as we walked into the exam room, Madi recognized that we were at the doctor's office- which of course resulted in immediate anxiety! I had to laugh as I heard a little boy crying from a neighboring room, "NO SHOTS, NO SHOTS!!!"

Yes, Madilyn cried when the doctor examined her. And yes, she BAWLED while the 3 shots were given. But the BEST part about the whole day was the snuggles that I got afterwards!! All I've gotta say, is Spencer has Madi very well trained! He's been putting her to bed a lot lately, and the one thing he does before laying her down is say "Madi, put your head on my shoulder." Then he sings her songs while she snuggles up against his shoulder. As I've mentioned before, Madi has NEVER been much of a snuggler. So of course, after the first couple of times that Madi snuggled with Spencer, he'd come in and brag about his 10 minutes of cuddle time!


After Madi's shots, I decided to try out Spencer's technique by saying, "Madi, put your head on my shoulder." And just like that- she DID!!! The best part about it, was that her snuggles continued as I gathered up my stuff, walked out of the doctor's office, into the elevator, out to the car, and for a minute or two before putting her into the car seat. Next stop was Costco, where I thought I'd try it out again for one last snuggle. Sure enough, she continued to snuggle into Costco and until my arms were exhausted! So, I guess I can now say we have a snuggly kid! YEAH!!!

8 comments:

Lis said...

thats so cute! Im going to try and train Lexi to do that! I love that picture of her with Spencer! Her tiny little feet are SO cute! See you tomorrow! Im hoping for a sleep in from Lexi so she can be happy and play with Madi!

Lollidale Farm said...

I love snuggly babies!! Andrew is still a snuggler--a perfect last baby. Poor Madi that she recognized the dr. :(

The Pickled Red Herring said...

How CUTE! Kate figured out at one point that if she cuddled up with her head on my shoulder, I would continue to carry her longer. (Plus it made for an easier distribution of weight, since this was when I was like 9 mos. pregnant!) So I'd carry her around the grocery store, huge and pregnant and juggling a toddler and a shopping cart, just so I could enjoy the cuddle time!

Jones Family said...

Spencer looks like such a good dad. I love snuggly babies.

Safire said...

So cute! I love baby snuggles!

Unknown said...

Cute story Anie, and congratulations for making little Madi and cuddler! So yes, I do have a blog...it's angiewhitaker.blogspot.com
I rarely use FaceBook too!!
So glad to be in touch again! We live in Tucson, AZ for the next 2 years, then who knows after that!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww, what a sweetie. I love it when they snuggle!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture of Spencer and Madi! Awww, hopefully the snuggling continues!