Arlington Cemetery was nice. A very quiet and solemn place. We were able to walk along the grounds and even witness the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I was fascinated by this- a routine that happens on the hour, every hour- rain or shine, heat or snow, even in the middle of the night! If you have never done this-next time you are in DC, this is a must see. You can't help but leave feeling proud to be an American!
After Arlington Cemetery we headed off to Mount Vernon. Spencer's been dying to take me here ever since his first visit last year. Sure enough, it was definitely a place I'd like to come back to. Even after almost 5 hours, there was still more that I wanted to see.
Madi did surprisingly well for only having one 18 minute nap! This is right before we went into watch a movie depicting George Washington's life- where Madi got her nap (the length of the movie) in the dark theater.
George Washington had the backyard to die for! Who wouldn't want a backyard with a view like this!
7 comments:
I love Mt Vernon, too! You need a LOT of time to see everything there is to see there. Have fun being sightseers!
How fun! You're so lucky to have them visit. Your pictures are great. I've never visited Mt. Vernon, but always wanted to.
AN UPDATE! I was thinking youde be too busy to BLOG! YEY! Looks like you guys are having fun! And holy cow! did you get the best weather EVER!!! (except I think the warmth brought out DOUBLE the bugs!) Have fun! Im looking forward to seeing you again! TEAR!!!!
Anie if I had known you were going to Arlington, I would have lent you our pass! My grandpa is buried there so we have a pass that allows you to drive in. Not that they like you to use it for sight-seeing, but it's not like we always do that!
Oohhh...never been to Arlington. Will now have to go!
Must you tease?! I'm so jealous :( I wish we could be there, too. Hopefully we can make it there soon! You think Mom and Dad would give the trip to us as a gift for Christmas?? hehe! You should ask them while they are there! Mention the fact that it would be very educational for us!! Have fun!! Love you and miss you!
Hey, good see that the fam made it ok and they don't even look too tired! Glad you are having good weather and a good time. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the visit. My love to all of you!
Post a Comment