Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin'

For our Friday family outing this week, Spencer insisted that we go and pick a pumpkin. So, to Butler's Orchard we went. Seems to be what everyone else is doing these days too, because the pumpkin patch had been cleaned out pretty good. Our pickins were slim!

As soon as we got out of the car, Madi ran over to these two pumpkins and began struggling to pick them up. We then had to inform her that it's best to look around a little in order to pick the perfect pumpkin! She was a good sport and seemed to understand.


She and Spencer went right to work finding our perfect pumpkin!




"Over here Dad! I think i've found it!"


Spencer and Madi carefully compared three of their top picks.


They both seemed to agree that this was the one!


Yipee!


After letting mom get a picture with Madi, we left the orchards and headed down to the market to pay for our pumpkin.


Down by the market there were hundreds of other pumpkins!


We all agreed to look around for a few minutes to see if we could find a better one. Madi quickly became intrigued. She really liked the stem on this one.



We did end up choosing a different one- a nice, round, 14 pounder! The color is perfect and we can hardly wait until Monday night to carve our pumpkin!

6 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

Wow! That's quite a stem on that last one! I'm sad to hear that there aren't many pumpkins in the patch...we still haven't made it out yet (but we aren't going to Butler's, anyway) Cute pictures!!

Lis said...

HOw fun! I wish we could have all gone together!!! I was kind of bummed when we picked ours out (we paid at the field) and then we got to the farm and saw all the other pumpkins! I wished wede have stopped there first!!! Madi looks so cute all bundled up!!!!! YEAH!

Jones Family said...

I just love pumpkin patch pictures. I need to get to one. It looks so cold there! BURRR...
I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

I love Madi's little mittens. It's fun to read about all of your Friday outings. I want to adopt the Friday outing thing. Your big smile with Madi makes me miss you like crazy!!

The Stones said...

The picture of Madi in the leaves is gorgeous! And yes, your friendship was the only good thing that came out of band for me. Way to go though remembering how to play. I'm way impressed.

JoSue said...

we wanted to go to a pumpkin patch this year but just didn't get around to it. I'm sure it's more fun with a kid too. I love the picture of Madi in all the pumpkins. I'm sure that was super uncomfortable. :) Make sure to take a picture of the carved creation!

I can't believe gas is that cheap there! Utah's prices are one of the highest in the nation. Super annoying. I have a feeling the low prices won't last long though. Hope all is well with you guys! Love you