Tuesday, October 28, 2008

16 Months

DISCLAIMER: My monthly "Madi" updates might seem a little excessive in details and rather uninteresting to some of you; However I use my blog as a family journal as well. Thus, I like to include examples that will help us remember this stage of Madi's life in the years to come. I'm not trying to be one of those "overly obsessed, braggy moms". While I know I have the perfect child, I don't want you all to think that is what I'm thinking. Hahahah! Totally kidding! I just want Madilyn to be able to look back and know what she was like when she was too young to remember! :)


Madi's now 16 months old and as sweet as ever! I know that every month I'm always saying how great of a stage this is, but seriously it just gets better and better! I am constantly in awe with how much she learns every day! Being a late walker, I think Madi has over-compensated with being an early talker. She's big into mimicking right now, repeating anything we ask her to say. Some words are harder, and not said as clear as others, but she always gives it her best attempt. It's fun to hear her saying so many words, but it's also caused me to be cautious with what I say. The other day I was in the car with Madi and I said, "Oh geez" and from the back seat I hear, "Geeez"! Not a big deal, but it just made me realize how she's listening to everything we say. Three of her favorite phrases right now are:
"He ya go"= here ya go
"I see it"- usually when I'm asking her if she sees an airplane
"I peeping"= I'm pooping (she honestly said this the other after she let out a huge fart and I asked her if she was pooping).

Maid's now added please and thank you to her most commonly used signs. She's quickly learned how much her dad and I love it when she says "please", because she seriously says it 100 times a day. When she wants something, she'll throw a "peeeease" in there and we usually cannot resist!

She loves giving hugs and kisses, but is quite choosy with when she'll give them. Spencer will ask Madi for a kiss and she'll either lean in to give him one, or she'll pause, think about it, and then say "no" while shaking her head. While Spencer feels rejected, I think it's pretty funny! Madi always finds a way to redeem herself though. Many times at bedtime Spencer will kiss her goodnight while I'm still reading bedtime stories, and as he walks out of the room, Madi will beg, "more" (while signing it). One night Spencer came back 10 times for "more" kisses! Madi sure knows how to melt her daddy!

I've been working on getting Madi to understand how old she is, but for some reason she insists that she's 2. Every time I ask her how old she is she replies, "two". I correct her and tell her to say one, to which she responds, "No, two". I don't have a clue where this obsession with the number 2 started, but she also notices when things are in twos. Tonight I showed her yogurt and applesauce and told her to pick which one her wanted. She replied, "two". Interesting! Was this a fluke? Probably, but she again said "two" while looking at a picture of herself from the pumpkin patch with 2 pumpkins. What a smart little girl (so we like to think)!






12 comments:

Lis said...

Okay I love going back and looking at those pictures! It only remindes me of HOW STINKIN CUTE SHE IS! HOLY COW! SMART AND CUTE! you guys better watch out!!! She does say a TON of words. I know i told you that but I have to say here for the record so people KNOW your not the only one who thinks Madi is PERFECT! I do to! Shes a good friend for Lexi!!! I think the pooping one is the best! I was laughing out loud when I read that!!! Shes so funny!!! Well see you girls TOMORROW!

Cristin said...

No, really, I think you DO have the perfect child. True, I was only around her at her birthday party, but she was so subdued and sweet. Lucky lucky you.

Unknown said...

I just have to say how insanely adorable she is. REALLY! Love looking at your blog and getting all caught up with your life. You look beautiful!

Jones Family said...

I love Madi's monthly updates...brag away!

Jen said...

she is such a doll. Spencer was an early talker too. On his first birthday (as we were en route to Utah for our move) he asked "Where are we going, mom?" It was clear as a bell! The only sad thing about chatty kids is they NEVER stop talking. Talking through movies, dinner, over the top of siblings, and most of all my personal fav.....TALKING BACK! Oh yes, Anie, each stage really does just get better and better....HA HA HA! Enjoy her while she's still sweet and perfect! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Madi is going to look back at the things you wrote at each stage and I think she's going to love it. If there were blogs back in my mom's day I would've LOVED to read about me when I was little. I do the same type of thing as you but in the boys' journals. I don't think they'll ever read them, but I probably will so I can remember how dang cute they were (and are). Keep up the good work Anie! :)

Cothran Family said...

She is so beautiful and sweet. I love the little toddler age where they are still innocent and funny when they get into trouble. It's fun to read your updates of your cutie patootie. love ya phanny

Jones Family said...

So when is #2 coming??? I'm not too sure about #3... Two is enough right now. I'm excited to be diaper free for awhile.

Lollidale Farm said...

Holy Cow! My blog says that you updated 48 minutes ago, and I was amazed that you already had 8 comment in less than an hour. Now I see that my blog roll was behind. Hmmm

Anyhow, Madi is cute as always. I love your disclaimer. DOn't worry. We all understand. I wish I'd done the same thing with all of my kids.

Marisa said...

Madi is just so cute!! I love those pictures of her. I especially love her pigtails!! What a good idea to write about what Madi is doing each month. I really like that idea! I'm sure she'll love to be able to read it one day and it will be so fun for you to look back and remember what she did and when.

The Hansen Family said...

Anie you guys are so adorible. I love that Madi is such a talker. And so cool that you use your blog as a journal! How do you save your posts and stuff? Can you print them off? I've always wondered about that! If you know how, please tell me! I would love to know!
You guys are such great parents! Love ya!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

OHHHH my gosh those piggy-tails are SO stinkin' CUTE! I can't wait to see her cute costume tonight!